We Collect Personal Information From and About You
We collect, receive, and develop several different categories of personal information about you depending on the nature of your interactions with us:
* Contact Information. We may collect your name and email address. We may also collect your street address, zip code, or phone number. We may collect other I.D. numbers like your account number and usernames.
* Information you submit or post. We collect the information you submit to us or post in a public space on our platform.
* Usage, Behavioral, and Device Information. We use tracking technologies to automatically collect information about how you interact with our websites and our online content and ads. This may include the website browser you are using, the pages you visit, the content you view and click on, the search terms you enter, or the third-party websites from which or to which you go from our platform. We may also collect information about your equipment or device like an IP address or a device or advertising identifier.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
a. Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
* create an account on our website;
* request marketing to be sent to you;
* enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
* give us feedback or contact us.
b. Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
c. Third parties or publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
(i) Technical Data from analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
* To operate and improve our platforms and offerings, and to personalize your experience.
* To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey.
* To administer and protect our project and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
We use personal information as otherwise permitted by law or as we may notify you.
We Share Information with Other Parties
We share personal information under the following circumstances
* We may share personal information within the How Far is Now project.
* We may share information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves. For example, we will share any personal information as necessary to respond to subpoenas or investigative requests. We might share personal information if we are investigating potential fraud. If you are the winner of a sweepstakes or contest, we may also share your information with anyone who requests a winner’s list.
* We may share information for other reasons as we may describe to you.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
NO FEE USUALLY REQUIRED
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
WHAT WE MAY NEED FROM YOU
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
TIME LIMIT TO RESPOND
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Your EU Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of the European Union, you have the following rights, where provided under applicable law, regarding your personal data (each of which are subject to various exceptions and limitations):
3. The right to rectification: You are entitled to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
4. The right to erasure: This is also known as “the right to be forgotten” and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your personal data where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.
5. The right to restrict processing: You have rights to “block” or suppress further use of your personal data. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their information to be “blocked” to make sure the restriction is respected in the future.
6. The right to data portability: You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services and platforms.
7. The right to object: You have the right to object to certain types of processing, in particular processing based on our legitimate interests. You also can object at any time to your personal data being used for direct marketing purposes (including profiling related to such direct marketing). Where you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, the personal data shall no longer be processed for such purposes.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint or believe our processing of your information does not comply with data protection law, you can make a complaint to an EU data protection authority.
We will retain your personal data for as long as needed to provide you with any services which you request. We will retain and use your personal data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We process your personal data where you have consented, where it is necessary to perform our contract with you, to perform our legal obligations, and/or for the purposes of our legitimate interests.
Please note your rights in relation to your personal data are not absolute. We may, for example, deny you access to your personal data when required or authorized by law, or if granting access would have an unreasonable impact on another individual’s privacy.
From time to time we may change our privacy practices. The latest version of this policy will be posted here. If there is a material change to this policy, we will notify you as required by law. Please check our platforms periodically for updates
Email us: email@example.com